Thursday

May 8, 2014

Back in the northland!  Everything's still brown, but that's way better than white.  It was a brutal winter up here, with lots of snow and dangerously cold temps.  But now it's spring and it will be green soon...I hope!  We've seen lots of summer birds and we expect to see the hummingbirds and orioles any day now.  I'm all ready for their arrivals.

Today Jim put up a new blind for me and I can't wait to spend some time in it taking pictures and watching whatever happens to come by.

See how brown it is around here?  Anyway, it's good to be here and to go around to all our favorite places.  This morning we took a walk at the Gordon Dam.  

The water was really pouring through!  Didn't see much for waterfowl, but these two loons were close enough for me to take their picture.

That's all for today, but I'll be out and about tomorrow looking for more signs of spring in the northland. 

1 comments:

CAROLDEE said...

So happy you are back in the northland you love. I hope things green up soon and no critters mess with your viewing station.. Wonder if the Beavers will come back?? Take care ;-)

 
;