Friday

Wildlife Moments

I’ve seen so many cool things this week.  I didn’t get pictures of most of them because they were short moments of things I’ve never seen or heard before.  Not to go into too much detail, here’s a rundown of some of my wildlife moments.

  • Watching the Hummingbird feed on a little wild oat flower

  • Having a gray fox cross the road in front of me

  • Seeing a merganser sitting on the wood duck house with a watchful eye on the green heron that was getting close to her nest.  All the while a tree swallow was dive bombing the merganser because it was using the wood duck house to raise it’s family.

  • Hearing the sapsuckers pounding on just about every thing…metal, plastic and wood.

  • While sitting in my blind, I could see turtles doing a lot of swirling around in the water.  Mating I presume.

  • Seeing herons and hawks grab little fish out of the pond.

  • The tree swallows, robins, woodpeckers, phoebes are all busy with nesting duties.

  • And then today while I was sitting at the computer, I saw this.  Four different kinds of beautiful birds, all feeding without any bullying or trying to hog all the seed for itself.

Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Indigo Bunting, Redpoll and Goldfinch

It’s really a beautiful time of the year right now.  I’m not going to say a word about the ticks, black flies or mosquitoes because I’ve waited too long for all these wildlife moments.  This is why I love spring in the Northland so much.

9 comments:

Horst in Edmonton said...

Wonderful photo of the birds, love your blog today.

Beth said...

What wonderful things you have seen this week.

I love the bird picture!

Unknown said...

How memorable your week has been. I love your birds at the feeder all getting along. Enjoy my friend, and I hate ticks!!! Skeeters too!

Tammy said...

Hooray for Spring! Sure sounds like you're having fun. This is a nice little mix on your feeder.

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Love it. It's nice how peaceful and yet noisy of a different kind being in the north woods instead of noisy city isn't it.

Sherry said...

The colors of nature, can't get any more gorgeous then that.

Dave said...

Beautiful post today! Makes me want to head out for my cabin....but, have to stay here and work!

GreatGranny said...

Where Kassey and I, we don't see these beauties. Thanks for sharing your wildlife.

TexWisGirl said...

i love that full feeder! wow! such a great variety!

 
;