Friday

What a Day !

…for seeing wildlife.  On our way into town this morning I noticed something really black along the edge of the road and sure enough, a bear!  Here’s a little video I made with pictures I took through the truck window.  That’s part of why it’s so hazy.


June 17, 2011

A little further down the same road were two turtles, laying eggs.  One on my side, one on Jim’s side.  The second one looks like she’s really working hard to push that egg out!  P1110523

P1110521

We took a walk on the Brule Bog Boardwalk and it was like being in a fairyland with lots of ferns, flowers, mushrooms and moss.  Anyway, my friend Anna told me that was a good place to look for pink lady slippers.  I’d never seen one, so I didn’t know exactly what or where to look for them.  Well, I’ll be darned!  After finally spotting one we saw them were all over the place. This has to be the most beautiful flower in the bog.  P1110584

There were lots and lots of bugs, so it was take the pictures as fast as possible and get the heck out of there.P1110592

P1110598

The wildlife spottings continued on our way back home.  We saw a gray fox run across the road in front of us and closer to home a doe with 2 little fawns did the same.  Then we see this big ol’ buzzard.  Most likely there’s a dead critter somewhere nearby and this turkey vulture wants to get back to it.  A face only a mother could love?  P1110611

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the video. Now that flower slipper is very unusual. Love your wildlife Cindy. Is it more active this year? We noticed more here.

Beth said...

Great video! The poor mother turtle does look like she is in great pain. :-)

TexWisGirl said...

oh, you did great on your outing! that one turtle face should be on a calendar! :)

LOVE your glorious green header. just beautiful...

GreatGranny said...

Mama turtle lost her privacy, poor girl. Loved the photos, never saw a flower so lovely as the pink one.

Seeking Serenity said...

One of my favorite places to be is a swamp or bog. I Love bog boardwalks!
Heaven.

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Never saw a Lady Slipper before. What a pretty, but different looking flower. Cool video.

CAROLDEE said...

WOW Sis so colorful and chocked full of info here. Yes poor turtle maybe she is an older type mom..she does look distressed. Got the links fixed on the new laptop at least now I can visit more often. Hope your weekend is great!

CAROLDEE said...

PS found that flower you bought that is also solar..wow very similar..odd thing..I commented on it and never even remember it. Well there was a lot going on here I guess...my mind was in another county..hehhe : )

Elaine said...

I'd say it was a good day for you! Love the flower, not sure if I've ever seen one or not? Probably not!

Sherry said...

Bears are cute. Flower is pretty. But that's one ugly bird!

 
;