Saturday

August 31, 2013

Today is the unofficial last day of summer which is fine with me.  I love fall, so bring it on!  Lots of activity around the Northland this weekend.  Today was the last day the bear hunters can train their dogs until the hunt starts on Wednesday and they were out in full force this morning. 

We went to a couple garage sales and Jim hit the jackpot at one that had lots of "guy stuff".  He bought some hand tools, a snow rake and some other things that were a mystery to me, but that's not unusual.  

We saw these guys wading out in the St. Croix River.  A perfect day for bass fishing.

And then when we got home this garter snake was lounging on some stones near the cabin.  I scared it away after I took its picture.

Soon the rain will be here along with some nice cool air.  Ahhh, should be good sleeping tonight!  


2 comments:

CAROLDEE said...

Love these shots Sis..the place looks sooo green and lush.I do agree I am tired now of the heat and humidity and welcome some cooler air. I guess we will get ours on Monday.SNAKE..wow I would have been running out of there I hate those. Glad you got out and enjoyed the scenery. I had no idea BEAR hunting season was so soon. I just love this journal you make..it's NEAT~~!

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

I'm a chicken, snakes scare the daylights out of me. I'm a bit sad summer is coming to an end. I don't mind the heat but like the fall also. It's the thought of all the ice and snow that makes me want a longer summer and fall.

 
;