Tuesday

The Rest of the Story

After my last update about having the flu and not being able to get rid of the cough, I went to urgent care, sat in the waiting room with all the other sickies and 3 hours later found out I had pneumonia!
These two were REALLY sick!
I was given a prescription for Z-Pack antibiotics and some cough suppressants.  I was back at the clinic yesterday and the physicians assistant I saw said I was good to go!  I go back in a month for another chest x-ray just to be sure.

Not much else going on here mainly because I wasn't sure if I could go out walking like we usually do.  I can now, but the cold air still makes my lungs feel not quite right.  Take it slow he said, a little more each day until you're back to where you were before you got sick.

Back a few posts ago I mentioned getting an Instant Pot.  This appliance is magical!  (Thank you Jenny for the link you shared.)  I saw a post on Facebook where a gal made potato salad in it!  Yup cook the potatoes and eggs together for 4 minutes, cool them down, make your dressing and voila potato salad! 

Picture from Facebook

My bowl of homemade potato salad!
I really don't remember the last time I made it, but this was so darned easy that I know I'll be making it this summer.  Now I have to remember just exactly what I used to use to make the dressing.  It was good, but missing a few flavors.  I'll get there though!  No more tubs of Walmart Amish potato salad for us!



4 comments:

Seeking Serenity said...

wow I love potato salad with eggs in it- i dont know how to make the dressing though.

CAROLDEE said...

So glad you are getting over that nasty stuff...I have had it in the past and am trying sooo hard not to get anything this winter. You are so right though it is hard to sit inside and not be able to get out.
I Do not have one of those pots.. I really have no more room to spare in this tiny place. I am going through the closets now and taking things out to donate. One of the hazards to apt living I guess. NOT paying for the HEAT...that is a major plus though. HAPPY!! You and Jim stay warm and
healthy.

JennyD said...

Cindy, I'm SO sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Going through a bit of doc/dentist stuff (well, not a bit, a lot) and just haven't felt like getting around. The best news was that you went to the doc, got the right diagnosis and got treatment. If you hadn't....we don't even want to think about that, lordy.

Now to the Instant Pot. I don't have one but other than looking wonderfully modern and digital, they are really pressure cookers. Now pressure cookers I have 3 and in all different sizes. I use them the majority of the week and have since my teens. LOVE them. But you know, I've never tried this way of making potato salad and it sounds great --- I'm going to do it! Potato salad with eggs is my kind of potato salad. I love mustard but not in my salad, so I'll keep my mayo based one. What a great idea in the pot!

Nostalgia just set in. I'm sitting here thinking about the first thing I ever made in a pressure cooker: Beef Stew and it was great.
The next thing I made was spareribs/sauerkraut/mashed potatoes. Those ribs under the kraut in the cooker were SO darn good! Now I have a craving. Darn it, it's 9:45pm and a little late to start that. Well, there's always the weekend :)

I just let Happy, the new vagabond cat inside for the night and he was sopping wet from the rain that started up again. Nothing like kisses from a bedraggled cat....I love it. So now he's been dried and he's tucked in in the kitchen in his SUPER soft throw over MY bed comforter and with his fav toys beside him. When I die, I want to come back as one of my own cats.

Ok, this letter is over. You can breathe a sigh of relief now, haha.
XOXOXO

JennyD said...

Sent you an email this morning re a forward from a great recipe site that I knew you'd enjoy for Instant Pot. Hoping your gmail addy is still correct :) and wanted you to know it wasn't spam.

 
;