Thursday

Checking In

It's been awhile since I posted anything here, so here's a review of what we've been up to.  We both had the horrible flu that's been going around.  I had it worse and longer than Jim.  It's been 7 years since we've been sick and this was awful!  Just when I thought I was feeling better I had a day that I seriously thought I was going to die!  Well, maybe that's a bit extreme, but my whole body hurt, I had a fever and all I could do was sit in my chair with my blankie and nap most of the day.  I got over most of those symptoms, but still have a nagging cough.

On Tuesday we celebrated Rudy's Big Day.  That's what we called his gotcha day.  He sure has turned into a nice dog.  So glad he's part of our family.  He takes us for a walk almost everyday.  This is one of our favorite places.  It's a connecting road off the main road with very little traffic.  It's just a nice place to walk especially when there's snow on the ground.

Last Friday I met up with 4 relatives of mine.  I think they'd be called first cousins, twice removed.  I remember all of them from when I was a little girl and we'd go to their towns to visit their families.  Except for one of the ladies, it's been close to 60 years since I've seen them.  We're Facebook friends, but that's not the same as meeting at a wonderful, quiet place on the University of Wisconsin Campus for lunch.  

It was a fun lunch and I was surprised by some of the details I remembered that were actually correct!  Like what the old farm looked like, that Uncle Walter always wore bib overalls and that there was always tons of food when we came to visit.


Not much else going on around here.  The cold weather is gone and the snow we got last week should be melted by the end of the weekend.  Yay!

Hope everyone stays well.  Like the experts say, wash you hands often, use hand sanitizer and try to avoid germs! The flu shot wasn't the correct mix this year.  

2 comments:

JennyD said...

Boy, Cindy, you and Jim have had a time of it! I'm glad you're both on the mend albeit took time to get there. Watch that cough and make sure it doesn't settle into pneumonia.
WOW, Rudy's Gotcha Day! I can still remember when he came into your lives and the very first posts about him --- a big bundle of energetic pup. He really is such a beauty and I know ya'll adore him to the moon and back and that he feels the same way about his folks.
Snow is still on the ground here and in fact turned to ice last night and I had to break an appt 'cause I couldn't get the darn ice off of my car. Tomorrow though! Tomorrow will make it to the high 40's and then into the 50's for the whole weekend! Most excitement we've had in months. You can bet Happy (the newest cat) will be thrilled to stay out longer than his 5 min forays into the bitter cold of the last month. My other 2 are indoor kitties and so they just yawn and say, "What's new? Gimme a treat and tell me how gorgeous I am." Hey, they're cats. XOXOXO

Seeking Serenity said...

Wah! that sounds awful :( - i am SO afraid of contracting the flu because you really do feel as though dying ... happy to see you

 
;