Friday

Almost Christmas



Today was our best chance for having a white Christmas and it didn’t happen. No problem...I’ve always thought a white Christmas was highly overrated.  We’ve been able to go out to various wildlife areas to walk and let Rudy run. So nice to not have to wear boots and all the other winter gear.  Just look how brown things are around here.

After our walk we stopped by the saddest historical marker I’ve ever seen. It was so weird because I always thought there was a cemetery on the hill behind this marker, but I was wrong...kinda. No markers but lots of graves.  


Hope everyone is ready for Christmas.  This year we decided we’d each buy our own gifts.  I know, not really in the spirit of Christmas but it’s a way to get exactly what we want.  Jim bought himself some kind of power saw and I got an Instant Pot, which is the most mysterious kitchen gadget I’ve ever owned.



I’ve always been interested in pressure cooking but never had the nerve to actually get a pressure cooker.  I’ve seen it described as a life changing apparatus and I can believe it is.  At first it’s very intimidating with all the different settings and not knowing exactly what is happening inside of it.  But after following some recipes exactly as written and learning all about it, it’s a winner!  Most foods cook much faster but it’s the flavor of everything that really sold me.  I really wish I had this back when I was working. You can make so many great meals in a fraction of the time. 

Merry Christmas to you my friends.  Hope to hell 2018 is better than this year...although it won’t take much to be an improvement. 

3 comments:

CAROLDEE said...

Wow..Brown and green there too,but could get some white on Christmas day. I know what you mean about the layers of clothes,I sure don't miss them so far. Glad you were able to let Rudy run!
Never tried one of those pots, as itbis just myself,good to know they get your recommendation. I sure pray for 2018,with him making our decisions,we can use all the prayers we can get!!! Merry Christmas to you and Jim and Rudy!! 🎄⛄❄🎅🎅

JennyD said...

No kidding about the Potter's Field! So darn sad and makes me wonder what was the matter with any/all of their families to have allowed that disregarded ending to take place. Human can be so unkind; I'm just shaking my head --- and look at the dates...100 yrs of it.

Pressure cooking: It's the best. I have 3 pressure cookers. One was the first Presto to ever come out (originally my grandmothers) and to this day is fabulous. I've replaced the gasket only about 5 times which is nothing when you consider the years and the good, good use. The other 2 are from Spain, Magefesa, and have gotten just as much use. I remember the very first thing I ever made in a pressure cooker -- beef stew in the middle 60's -- and I was hooked. Cindy, you'll get hooked, too. I don't have the newest Instant Pot, but other than digital, I'm sure it does the same great job.

Cindy, you and Jim and Rudy have a WONDERFUL Christmas; eat everything you want 'cause it's a holiday, haha, and give Rudy a super dog treat from me!

JennyD said...

Cindy, just by chance I ran into this site you might really like. It's all about air frying and pressure cooking. She does great vids and then has very good recipes AND time/temp charts. Check this out:
https://www.meredithlaurence.com/

 
;