Thursday

July 3, 2014

Pictures from Provincetown and Martha's Vineyard.  

Provincetown was really a neat place.  Very relaxed and dog friendly.  It kind of reminded me of New Orleans in a festive kind of way.  Lots of cute shops, bike rentals and restaurants.

I liked the street artwork.
 Our whale watching boat
 Whale tale!
After an afternoon on the water, one develops a big thirst and appetite!


They both were excellent!
Next day we were off to Martha's Vineyard which was way cooler than I ever expected.
Nothing fancy, just a very tourist friendly island.

There's a whole neighborhood full of these charming gingerbread houses.  If you're interested in reading about the history click here.




I couldn't help but notice this huge osprey nest near the harbor.  I've seen many around here, but nothing like the size of this one.  I even saw the osprey!

The coolest thing I saw on the whole trip was in a public restroom.  Yup, we make lots of pit stops, but never have I seen anything like this.
It's called a Dyson Airblade Tap.  Water comes out the center to wash your hands and air comes out the two tubes on the side to dry your hands.  Genius!

That's all for now.
Next installment... Boston and Cooperstown, NY




0 comments:

 
;