Friday

Happy Earth Day!

***I'm still trying to figure out the new version of Live Writer and I'm not having much luck.  Sorry if the font is too big or too small.  Still trying to change the defaults. ***


I know it’s been awhile since I’ve updated and the reason is there hasn’t been much happening around here.  We’ve seen quite a few different birds this spring and the deer swing by each night, along with a raccoon or two.  But we haven’t seen any bear, bobcats or other exciting animals yet.  I should say, I haven’t seen any bear yet.  Jim was out looking for sheds (antlers from deer) the other day and saw a young bear.  They looked at each other and the bear turned and walked down a little hill and disappeared into the woods.  He also saw where it denned last winter.
 
The other day we saw this porcupine along the side of the road.  Apparently he didn’t want me to see his face, but seeing this side of him is a reminder why I was happy I was in the truck when I took his picture.P1090997
This week I set up my little blind so I can try to get some pictures without scaring everything away.  The beavers are no longer out there but there’s still quite a bit of water.  This week we’ve seen ducks, herons, geese and some other long legged waders out there.  Here’s a picture of my blind and the view from it.P1100095

P1100093
I really enjoy sitting out there…as long as it’s not too cold and windy.  This morning I was watching some hooded mergansers and got a fairly good picture of two of them.  Just as I was leaving I saw an eagle fly over.  I don’t know if I scared it off or if it was just a coincidence that it was flying over at that time.  It would’ve been nice if I had known it was around.P1100137
Things are still very brown around here, but one of these days, I’m sure spring will happen.  The “s” word (and I don’t mean “s” as in spring or showers) is still being used by the weather people.  Shame on them! 

8 comments:

Beth said...

You got some excellent pictures! What great sights you all see up there.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

I like your camo tent blind. Glad the bear walked away and hope Jim found some sheds. I hope to find some at our friends acreage. I want to make a hanging light above my table. This ducks are beautiful! The porkypiney is funny. Glad you were in the truck too! Happy Easter!

Horst in Edmonton said...

Awesome photos, Cindy. Those Hooded Merganzers are beautiful.

MissBeth said...

Cindy we have had a few birds here that i havent seen before,one is the size of the finches but is a unique bright blue, very very pretty and if i can get a pic of it i will post, as you might know what it is.
Happy Easter to you !

Tammy said...

I have a similar blind and spend lots of time in it.

Great series!

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Great pictures. The weather people need to lose that "s" word from their vocabulary at this time of year.

Sherry said...

Great pics but I don't know if I'd want to be in that tent and have a bear come strolling in lol. Good idea to sneak up on the critters tho. Just as long as they don's sneak up on you lol.

GreatGranny said...

Like Sherry, I wouldn't dare be in that blind.

 
;