Sunday

A New Year

In the past few days, many people were talking about making or not making New Years Resolutions or just making life-style changes.  I’ve never made a New Years resolution, mainly because I don’t say something I know I’m not going to do.  Yesterday I saw this idea from the Good News Network, which is one of my favorite “likes” on Facebook.   After reading through it and thinking how I can relate to this even though I’m no longer in a work place environment, I decided to make a serious effort to stop listening to that little voice in my head and just become a better me. 


The foggy, drizzly weather a few days ago really did a number on the snow and ice.  Now all that’s left are the drifts and dirty piles of snow along all the streets and sidewalks.  There’s no snow in the forecast, so it should be a good week to get outside and take some nice walks and maybe even a road trip somewhere.


I’m taking a break from making pincushions and I’m working on my annual ABC scrapbook.  This is the fourth year for these.  This year I’m focusing on using as many pictures as possible on each 6”x6” page.  Every now and then Walgreens has offers for free collages.  I took advantage of their generosity and had 6 of them plus 2 others made to use for my scrapbook.  Here’s one of them. 

5285776656_5b71947c11_bWhen I’m done with the whole thing, I’ll share it or a link to my Flickr.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Cindy...what a cute idea for collages!
I am glad things are drying up for you. I know you miss your walks!
Have a great day.
Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Kimmy said...

I love your ABC collages Cindy! And I love Walgreens. lol I used their free collage offer for a collage of Kasey's Sr portraits.
I'm happy to hear the snow is finally starting to disappear for you. I know you're like me and ready to just skip right on into Spring when things start feeling alive again.

Sherry said...

What a neat idea to have walgreens make your collage, saves you from doing it and it makes for great scrap booking. Just cut them out , put on a page...so easy. Why didn't I think of that lol.

Toodie said...

No snow here, jist cold.
Now I wonder if HyVee photo can do that. It's a photo then and you jist put it in a book you make? So cool.

JennyD said...

You are so darn talented, Cindy! The collages look great :D
Hey, I don't make resolutions either, but are you really serious about being a "better" you? Better?? How could that possibly be. You crazy girl.
It's been raining here for 2 days. Snow is gone and dark and damp outside. I'm sick of winter and decided to change my page for the 3rd time in 2 days. Can't decide what to do with it. Arghh.
XOXOXO

Beth said...

You have lots of good ideas. I will be interested in seeing the results.
The snow has all melted away thanks to the downpour we had. Bitter cold though and windy.

Cindy said...

I failed to say that once I got the collage from Walgreens, I cut the little pictures out and add them to the little scrapbook pages. The collages are really fun to make. You can add up to 21 pictures and rearrange them however you like, add different colored borders and have it portrait or landscape.

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Great ideas Cindy. I really need to get some scrabbooking done. Love the collage.

 
;